Tier 4 student visa 2020, the UK Visa is offered for international students. Once you have decided to study in UK the first step will be to apply to an institution and obtain a sponsorship. To actually commence your studies in the UK you will have to score points and apply for a student visa known as the Tier 4. This visa replaces the initial UK visa and emphasizes on the institutions responsibility for the students they wish to enroll.
How to Apply for Tier 4 Student Visa 2020: General Information
Students who are from the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland will not need a tier 4 student visa. There are others who may get exempted from obtaining this visa. For more information, visit www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/studying/adult-students/.
Your education provider will have to have a Tier 4 sponsor license. Only such a sponsor can provide you with a confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS). Making sure that the provider has such a license, will ensure you in obtaining enough points to receive your Tier 4 visa, the UK visa for students. The website www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/studying/adult-students/education-provider/ has more information.
There is a “low risk” category of students who will not need to provide all of the requested supporting documentation. To get to know if you are in the “low risk” category and which documents you will not need to provide it is best to visit www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/studying/adult-students/evidence/.
How to Apply for Tier 4 Student Visa 2020: Tier 4 Student Visa Checklist
These requirements are for those of you who are from outside the UK. Tier 4 student visa checklist includes the following:
- Completed general application form VAF9, either online or on paper, depending on the requirement of your country. Refer, www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/studying/adult-students/apply-outside-uk/ for more information
- Completed Appendix 8. This will have to be done on paper and is common for all countries.
- Pay the fees for the application. This can be paid online at the end of the form or to the visa application centre when handing over the completed application form.
- You will also have to provide your biometric details. This is done by taking a digital facial photograph and fingerprint scan. For further information the website www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/ should be visited.
- You will have to show evidence you used to obtain your CAS. This will award you 30 points. For more information on this, you can visit the website www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/studying/adult-students/evidence/.
- Evidence of funds. You will be awarded 10 points for showing evidence. For evidence you will have to provide any or all of the following; have paid all or part of your fees paid, getting financial sponsorship, enough funds to cover your expenses in UK including tuition fees. Further information is available on; www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/studying/adult-students/evidence/money.
- You will have to provide 02 passport photographs and a valid passport. The requirements for the photographs are available on http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/studying/adult-students/evidence/photographs-and-passport/.
The website www.ukcisa.org.uk/student/info_sheets/immigration_uk.php#apply_ec will also provide you with some more information on this. It is best to start your application process now.
This is some information to help you a lot on how to apply for tier 4 student visa 2020.