The system is managed by the British Council, IDP Education Pty Ltd and the University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations. A student who wishes to study in Europe may or may not have to show IELTS results in order to gain entry into a higher education institution. Let us take a closer look into how to study in Europe without IELTS.
International students allowed to study in Europe for free without IELTS 2015
Admittance to top colleges and universities in Europe without IELTS depends on certain criteria. The fulfillment of one or more of the criteria will exempt the student from showing proficiency in the English language. The criteria are as follows:
- To have been educated in English medium during the five most recent years of study and have offered English as a first language at the IGCSE (International General Certificate of Secondary Education) or O level (Ordinary Level).
- Having a degree which has been taught solely in English.
- Applying to study in the same institution where the first degree was awarded.
- Be a resident of a country where English is the first language. The countries are:
Anguilla, Antigua, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Barbuda, Belize, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Canada (except Quebec), Dominica, Grand Cayman Islands, Grenada, Guyana, Ireland, Jamaica, Montserrat, New Zealand, Saint Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent & the Grenadines, Tobago, Trinidad, Turks and Caicos Islands, United Kingdom: England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, and Wales, United States of America (except Puerto Rico).
- Been able to prove that prior education was entirely conducted in English and that they have good communication skills. This is done by having a conversation with the student via Skype or over the telephone. This is for prospective students from non-English speaking countries such as South Africa and India to study in Britain.
The UK Tier 4 visa for Study in Europe for free without IELTS 2015
To be awarded the Tier 4 visa to study in UK, the student will have to meet one of the following;
· The course is equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree.
· The course is a higher national diploma or a foundation degree.
· It’s a pre-sessional course that has to be undertaken before the degree course in the UK.
· Be a government sponsored student wanting to study an English language course
· Is a national of an English speaking country specified above.
To study in Europe for free 2015, It is best to check with the institutional requirements and contact the institution before applying for a study abroad for free in Europe program. This will enable the student to decide if he or she is exempted from showing English language proficiency and thus study in Europe for free 2015 without IELTS.