Study in Australia without IELTS for Free 2017 with Australian Scholarships! Australia is now one of the hottest and happening places for students. Australia is really a place where the students actually want to be. But studying in Australia can be expensive too. Scholarship can make the dream come true. A host of scholarships are being offered here.
Flinders International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (FIPRS)
This is available for Masters and PhD degree. The deadline is August 14, 2017 for it and the session will start in 2017. This scholarship is awarded for full time advanced level research and it is awarded for 2 years. Foreign students apart from New Zeeland can try for this. Along with the tuition fees the award takes into account an allowance for living worth $ 25849. To be eligible for the award, students have to pass the entry examinations for the respective University. The student is supposed to carry on his studies with academic excellence. The student should be good at English and should not hold a similar research degree.
The University of Western Australia International Postgraduate Research Scholarships
This is an annual scholarship and the timeline for this varies from March 31 to August 31 2017. Like in previous case the international students are invited except students from New Zeeland. Successful candidates should be given full living award. The value of the combined scholarship is $ 29000 annually. The student should be a full time one with higher research orientation. The student should not be a recipient of another such award. The duration of the scholarship is maximum 12 months.
University of Newcastle International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (UNIPRS)
Again it is an annual scholarship with a deadline at August 31, 2017. It is offered for master’s and doctoral degree. The host institution is University of New Castle. Apart from the tuition fees and living allowance it also covers the health insurance of the overseas students. The numbers of grants are limited and are dependent on budget availability. A part funded, supervisor’s guide is also available from the host university. To be eligible for the study, the student has to pass English test and GPA has to be at least 5.25 out of 7 in the last 2 academic years. The student has to be from a honours course or similar. Research orientation and research work experience is required.
La Trobe Academic Excellence Scholarships for International Students
La Trobe’s Academic Excellence Scholarships (AES) award is for Bachelors and Masters Degree. The timeline for the award is September 11 to November 13, 2017. As the name suggests, the host institution is La Tobe University. The value of the scholarship will vary between $ 1000 and $2000. It covers the tuition fees and applicable for the two semesters spread over 12 months. To get this award one has to score 85% in the preceding examinations. One can only apply for the scholarship after getting admission offer from the University. The student also has to cross English and academic barrier.
What if you want to pursue Study in Australia without IELTS 2017 program? There are certainly chances and there’s no limit that could keep you behind while pursuing your lifetime opportunity. Most of the people are of the view that they are required to pass the IELTS test in order to get admission in the universities in Australia but they are still limited in respect of their knowledge.
This is because they are allowed to sit in the colleges and universities in Australia well without passing the IELTS. Yeah, but there are some other options that are really mandatory and you should have one of them to go for your sessions this year.
How to Study in Australia without IELTS 2017
Let’s take a look at some of the amendments that have been incorporated by the DIAC. If you want to Study in Australia without IELTS 2017 in the top universities in Australia, you should have a feather in your cap in respect of any of the following qualifications:
- You can apply with your good grades passing the TOEFL test which you can also opt to sit in online over the internet.
- Students who have passed their Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic can also apply for the academic programs in Australia in 2017.
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) test can also be used to apply for your degree program in Australian colleges and universities.
Benefits of Studying in Australia in 2017
There are some more salient features of studying in Australia without IELTS in 2017 that you can avail of being a student.
- Now, you have the option to stay in Australia and work there after completing your graduation and the term for this work permit is 4 years.
- Now you can add the home stay expenses or fees in your Financial assessment for admission.
- The PhD students are allowed to stay in Australia as long as their research work and marking isn’t done.
- If you’re going to seek enrollment in the bachelor and higher level of education meaning that you are applying at the assessment level 3 and 4, you are not going to undergo the PVA policy.
- There are significant numbers of countries where assessment levels and requirements have been eased.
More from Study in Australia without IELTS 2017
Let us take a look at some of the changes that you are going to find out of the current study abroad policies of Australia and what you may expect to get while being a student of some Australian college or university.
Australian Student Visa without IELTS 2017
Now, the students applying for the Australian student visa are required to pay an amount of $535 which is non-refundable. Some of the students are not required to pay this fees if they fall into any of the following categories if:
- The student is sponsored by the Common Wealth Program.
- The student is a Secondary School Exchange student.
- The student is an affectee of the education provider closure.
Work Permit for Study in Australia without IELTS
Being a student in Australia, you are allowed to work for 40 hours a 15 days. Previously it used to be 20 hours a week but now the students can work for 40 hours implying a student working 15 hours first week can go for 25 hours the next. In order to get admission to study in Australia without IELTS 2017, visit the official websites of the colleges and universities in Australia.
For international students, study in Australia without IELTS 2017 is not difficult. Anybody can apply there with any institution. But many universities require IELTS for enrollment. It’s a big issue for those students who are from non-English speaking countries and they are unable to get a remarkable score in IELTS. They want an alternative solution. Actually exam of IELTS is conducted to check the English speaking, reading and writing skills of the applicant which every university considers necessary in an academic context of the students.
Many universities in Australia have started offering admissions without IELTS, but there are many conditions attached thereto. There are many other options that are available and you should choose one of them. We would try to enlist some of the available options that can be helpful to the students in getting admission in universities and colleges of Australia without IELTS, TOEFL or any other English Proficiency Exam.
- If your desired university is not demanding the IELTS, and you have done your previous degrees in English, it means your medium of instruction was English throughout. Then you’ll definitely be fluent in speaking English. But for this, you will have to attach the documents or certificates of your previous degrees with the application form of the said university as well as your visa. And in this way you are not going to face any difficulty in speaking English while studying and you can get admission very easily.
- Another test is also helpful in this regard that is TOEFL but if and only if you have satisfactory rank in this test according to the merit of university.
- If you have completed some of your education in an English-speaking country, or you are the inhabitant of an English-speaking country then some universities will do away with the prerequisite of having IELTS certification for the international students.
- The foreigner students who have passed Pearson Test of English (PTE) can also apply in the universities and can get admission on the basis of merit.
- Cambridge Advance English (CAE) test can also be used for this purpose.
Actually, the thing is that you have to prove your English proficiency in any case to the desired university. Now it is up to you how you prove your fluency of speaking, reading, writing and listening English.
Universities in Australia without IELTS 2017 Requirements
Many Australian universities do not require IELTS for admission. These universities are a grace on those students who desire to study in Australia. Some of them are given below:
- The University of Southern Queensland
- Bond University
- Macquaire University
- The University of New South Wales
- The University of Adelaide
- The University of South Australia
- The University of Queensland
The immigration authority of Australia has softened their rules to give more facilities to the students who want to appear in the universities of the country. You can also do job there to earn money and to lessen the burden of expenditures on your parents. According to our perspective, Australia is the best place for higher education because it has many top universities of the world and some of them are providing the facility to study in Australia without IELTS 2017.