US Student Visa 2020 is essential to study in USA. Now that you have decided to study in the USA, it is important to know how to get your foot in the door. Before getting in to the university you want to study, you should obtain a visa which permits you to enter the country.
How to Apply for a US Student Visa 2020
You may now be wondering how to apply for a student visa USA. There are 03 types of visas, F-1 visa, J-1 visa and M-1 visa. F-1 is the most common for undertaking academic studies. J-1 is for government sponsored placements. The M-1 visa is for undertaking non-academic studies or vocational training in an institution in the USA.
How to Apply for a Student Visa USA 2020: Initial Steps
First apply to an institution and start the admission process. The institution should be Student Enrolment and Visitor Program (SEVP) approved. The acceptance of the institution is what helps you start applying for the visa. You will then be enrolled in the Student Exchange and Visitor Information System (SEVIS). You have to fill in the I-901 form and pay the respective fee. You will then be issued a receipt of payment. You will also have to provide a financial guarantee stating that you have the required funds to study in the particular course you have chosen. The institution will then send you a certificate of eligibility, known as form I-20 for the F-1 visa and form DS-2020 for the J-1 visa. After this you can proceed to the application process. You can apply from your own country through the US embassy or consulate.
Requirements and the Process for How to Apply for a Student Visa USA
You will need the following;
- A Non immigrant Visa electronic Application Form, also known as the DS-160 form. This will be completed online and the printed confirmation page is what you will have in hand.
- A valid passport which allows travel to the USA. The passport should be valid for at least 06 months of your intended period of stay.
- One 5cmx5cm (2”x2”) photograph.
- A receipt of the payment for the non-immigrant visa application processing. You have to note that this fee is non refundable. The receipt should be from a bank in your country of residence. Check the Department of State Government Services website for the latest fees.
- You may also have to pay a visa insurance reciprocity fee. This is specific to certain countries. For information for your country view the visa reciprocity table at www.travel.state.gov/visa/fees.
- Form I-20 which has been approved by the US institution you want to study at.
- Form I-901 SEVIS fee receipt indicating that the SEVIS fee has been paid.
- Proof in the form of documents stating that your parents have sufficient funds to help you complete your education in the US.
- Documents that shows that you mean to return to your country after completing your education. The documents can be but are not limited to proof of assets in your country, proof of relatives remaining in your country or letters from employees.
After getting all this documentation together make an appointment for your interview. That’s right; you will have to face an interview to be issued the visa. The interview process may vary from country to country. The interview is not hard and will take 20 minutes at the most. A digital fingerprint scan may be taken depending again on your country.
Apply early as possible. There is a waiting period for processing and the interview, and you do need the visa before your course is scheduled to start. If you don’t receive your visa 2 to 3 weeks after your interview contact your embassy or consulate office to track it down.
Now you know what the requirements are and how to apply for a US student visa USA 2020, start applying soon. All the best!
wtf are you taking free study in usa are you kidding me. are sending the stdents to trivalley or wat
This is about studying with scholarships if someone is eligible. I dont provide counseling, its just for info!