Top Universities in the World are based on the different factors right from quality of education to the world acceptability of the education delivered by those world ranking universities. When it comes to knowing which university ranks the best, the QS and Times Higher Education evaluate different universities from around the world on the point based systems and then put forth the list of the top universities in the world.
How to find the Top Universities in the World?
When QS and Times Higher Education are on their way to find out the top university of the world, they evaluate more than 700 top quality institutes from around the world and then they shortlist the top 200 universities and then, based on the different criteria and the points scored by different universities, the list of Top Universities in the World is produced every year.
Subject Areas to be considered for Top Universities in the World
Not all of the subjects are taken into consideration by the evaluation bodies but only five of the major subjects are shortlisted and the top university of the year is evaluated on these subjects. Here are those 5 subjects to be considered:
- Life Science and Medicine
- Natural Sciences
- Arts and Humanities
- Engineering and Technology
- Social Sciences and Management
Indicators Used for Top Universities in the World
There are different indicators used for evaluating the top university in the world. There are six indicators used for this purpose having different amount of worth. Let us take a sneak peek view of those factors or indicators below:
- Having exactly 40% of the worth in evaluating the best university of the world, the academic reputation is judged by a global survey.
- Employer reputation stands at the worth of 10% when it comes to finding the best university of the world.
- 5% of the worth stands with the proportion of the number of students from other countries.
- There is a 20% of the worth held by the citations per faculty.
- A big worth is possessed by the faculty to student ratio. This is 20%.
- And, there is 5% of worth as we take a look at the proportion of international faculty to the local one.