Study in Sweden for free 2017 is possible for international students. Sweden: Is the country where you can have that once in a life time experience of watching the Northern Lights and the midnight sun, where you can explore the unharmed wilderness and breathtaking scenery, where you can taste mouth watering cuisines, listen to exotic music and witness cultural heritage renowned the world over. Do you want to experience all this as a student? Wondering if you can study in Sweden for free 2017?
Is it possible Study in Sweden for free 2017?
36 higher education institutions and universities in Sweden are run by the state and there are around 10 private institutions as well. All students; domestic and international, did not have to pay any type of fees for studies until 2011, but now they do. The good news for international students of the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland however; is that you will still study for free, just like the Swedish students.
The fees structure for other students is decided by the institutions themselves. The fees generally falls between SEK80000 (SEK: Swedish Krona) and SEK140000. That is around 12000USD to 21500USD. The fees will vary according to the course you want to study. You will also have to pay an application fee of around SEK900. The Swedish university you choose may bare the medical expenses and hence you will not have to pay for your medical needs.
Study abroad scholarships to Study in Sweden for free 2017
- The Swedish government offers a scholarship program for students from Bangladesh, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Ethiopia, Kenya, Mali, Mozambique, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia.
- An additional scholarship is available to students outside EU/EEA and Switzerland
For more information on these scholarships visit www.studyinsweden.se/Scholarships/SI-scholarships/The-Swedish-Institute-Study-Scholarships/#idx_1
- Furthermore the universities themselves have scholarship programs that assure you financial support. Visiting the websites of the universities will prove useful. Alternatively visit www.studyinsweden.se/Scholarships/University-scholarships to search for scholarships by university.
- The Bicentennial Swedish-American Exchange Fund is open to applicants from the United States. Further information is available on www.studyinsweden.se/Scholarships/SI-scholarships/The-Bicentennial-Swedish-American-Exchange-Fund/
- Bilateral scholarships for students from China, Japan and Italy are available. www.studyinsweden.se/Scholarships/Bilateral-scholarships/ has more information.
- www.studyinsweden.se/Scholarships/Erasmus-Mundus-in-Sweden/ is another website with information on the Erasmus Mundus program in Sweden.
Useful Resources Study in Sweden for free
It is up to you to decide. It will be a great experience and will help you no end for your future. Applying for a scholarship will allow you to study in Sweden for free without IELTS with international students in some of the best universities in Sweden offering education without IELTS.